- An Evening with Prof Sue Buckley (for parents of older adolescents and adults with Down syndrome), on Wednesday 8th August
- Seminar for teachers, and other professionals with Prof Sue Buckley and Ms Julie Hughes, Friday 10th August
- Seminar for parents,with Prof Sue Buckley and Ms Julie Hughes, Saturday 11th August
- Annual General Meeting - Saturday 11th August
- Q and A workshop for Vietnamese speaking parents, Monday 20th August
- Morning Tea for Arabic speaking parents, Monday 20th August (contact the Parent Support Team on 02 963 4333 for details)
- New Babies Day, Saturday 15 September (contact the Parent Support Team on 02 963 4333 for details)
- Down Syndrome Awareness Week 2007, 13 - 21st October
- Open Day at Cumberland Retreat - Saturday 13th October (details to be confirmed)
- Buddy Walk 2007 - Sunday 21st October
- Families' Weekend 2007 and Up Club Camp 2007 at Collaroy Centre - 9th - 11th November
- Workshops for families and professionals in Wagga Wagga - 22nd-24th November (details to be confirmed)
All of this happens in addition to the day-to-day activities such as supporting families of newborns with visits, phone calls, resources and referrals (we have had nearly forty notifications of newborns up to the middle of July); taking inquiries by phone and email; visits by families and professionals to use the library and talk with staff; managing the library; publishing Updates and Newsletters and our Calendar; keeping the website up-to-date; fundraising and marketing (without which we cannot do our work); reporting to funding bodies; and managing the organisation. And there are meetings, and reading to keep up with the wider disabiiity sector, government and community happenings.
And then there's the UP! Club and the Up, Up and Away Project, both setting a brisk pace that leaves the rest us of breathless.
That's why this Blog doesn't get written more often ......