Waverley Council presents a round-table discussion and presentation on sleep disorders and their impact on behaviour and learning in children with special needs.
Tuesday, 21 April 2009
Free (spaces are limited)
Waverley Childcare Centre, Clementson Park,
Newland Street, Bondi Junction
Childcare and light refreshments will be provided
The session will be facilitated by Dr Dimitrios (Jim) Papadopoulas, whose qualifications and experience include
- FRACP in General Paediatrics
- Completed sub-specialty training in Paediatric Sleep Medicine
- In 2003 established Australia’s first multi-disciplinary Sleep Clinic specifically for developmentally delayed children (Children’s Sleep Medicine Service)
- In 2004 established the only private hospital Paediatric Sleep Unit in NSW
Currently directs the Paediatric Sleep Disorders Unit at St George Private Hospital
- Sleep problems are common in children of all ages.
- Disordered sleep affects mood, behaviour and cognition and can adversely impact on the whole family.
- Childhood sleep disorders are relatively easy to diagnose and treat, leading to measurable social,
behavioural and neuro-cognitive benefits for children and their families.
- Brief case presentations and digital sleep study data will be used to illustrate sleep disorders and help explain polysomnography (sleep studies).
RSVP by 17 April 2009: Ph. Seak on 9386 7938
Click here for a flier