A Family Advocacy workshop about navigating the post school system for families of school students in years 11 or 12 or planning ahead!
NORTH SHORE: Tuesday 28 July
PENRITH: Wednesday 29 July
CAMPBELLTOWN: Thursday 30 July
FAIRFIELD: Friday 31 July
The focus of the day will be on the system of funding and support - Commonwealth and State Government responsibilities and non government service providers approved to support school leavers, including:
- achieving a positive future for young people leaving school
- what other young people have achieved with their funding
- levels of funding and how it is allocated
- the different forms of support arrangements that are available
- how to make informed choices about the future
- government guidelines and how they affect school leavers.
Cost to attend: $10.00 per person (GST inclusive and covers morning tea, lunch and materials)
Please phone to register before Thursday 16 July 2009
DS NSW members who have attended this workshop previously highly recommend it.Phone: 02 9869 0866 or 1800 620 588 (NSW non metro callers) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org