- Identifying people with disability as a special needs group, and lowering the age of eligibility for people with disability to access aged care services.
- Reviewing assessment tools used by Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACATs) to assess people with disability.
- Giving specialised legal and financial support to people with disability and their loved ones.
- Making resources available to support life-long planning for people with disability, and regulation of particular types of planning.
- Research on the needs of disadvantaged people, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people living in rural and remote areas.
- Better communication about and co-ordination of current disability services.
Final report from the Senate Committee: