It is governed in partnership between the NSW Council for Intellectual Disability (NSW CID), and the NSW Department for Ageing, Disability and Home Care (ADHC). There will also be an Advisory Group appointed by the Minister for Disability Services. (Who we are)
Having more choice and control is a big change for many people.
My Choice Matters will work together with you to build on your skills and abilities. This is so you can feel ready to make the most of the changes. You can:
- dream and have more choices
- choose your workers
- decide what times your workers come to support you
- select new supports and learn things
- try new activities
- take control of organising these things, and
- hire people to do all the paperwork for you.
Nathan Basha is a spokesperson for the Get Involved page on the My Choice Matters website - drop by for much more information.