Family Advocacy has advertised an additional workshop in this series, to be held in Gosford
Sunday 23rd August 2009
- register before Thursday 16 July 2009
(see this post for July dates throughout the metropolitan area)
The focus of the day will be on the system of funding and support - Commonwealth and State Government responsibilities and non government service providers approved to support school leavers, including:
- achieving a positive future for young people leaving school
- what other young people have achieved with their funding
- levels of funding and how it is allocated
- the different forms of support arrangements that are available
- how to make informed choices about the future
- government guidelines and how they affect school leavers
Cost to attend: $10.00 per person (GST inclusive and covers morning tea, lunch and materials)
DS NSW members who have attended this workshop previously highly recommend it.
Family Advocacy's publication Families for Change, Winter 2009 (Vol 3, Issue 8) addresses the theme "Life After School .... An Opportunity for Work, Growth and Dreams", including three articles by families currently negotiating this stage of life. Recommended reading.