Address details


Down Syndrome NSW
Level 6/410 Church St, North Parramatta
9am-5pm Monday - Thursday
T: 9841 444


Tuesday 13 July 2010

Down syndrome, off the clock - a word from Dave Hingsburger

'I only have Down syndrome sometimes, when I'm learning something new or if the words are real hard. I don't have Down syndrome the rest of the time when I'm doing what I know how to do.'

Dave Hingsburger has done it again - yesterday's post to his blog, Rolling Around in My Head captures a moment of  humour and wisdom in what reads like a little neighbourhood anecdote, except that he presents the essence of an important understanding that could so easily be dismissed.  If you are a parent of a son or daughter with Down syndrome or any intellectual disability, this story will strike home.

No comments: