Address details


Down Syndrome NSW
Level 6/410 Church St, North Parramatta
9am-5pm Monday - Thursday
T: 9841 444


Tuesday 31 August 2010

Thank you to our 2010 City2Surf Champions!

An extraordinary101 runners signed up for Team Down Syndrome in the City2 Surf in August, raising valuable funds as they ran. Our thanks go to each and every one - the awareness you raise by participating in this much loved community event is invaluable.  Our thanks also go to everyone who sponsored our runners.
Some highlights:
Daniel Fleming - my goal this year was to beat 60 minutes. The cool temperature on the day was perfect for running. Despite a large blister on each foot and legs that became sorer with each kilometre, I scraped in at 59 minutes and 33 seconds. Naturally, after such a hard run it is important to rehydrate, which I did immediately at a nearby pub.
Lena Oshana - I’m very sore, and had to wear my slippers to work today, but I’m all good! I had a great day yesterday and I will do it all again next year. We raised $1463.00 for Down syndrome NSW, I want to hit 5K next year!

Brad and Bethany Dewhurst - Well Bethany and I finished the City to Surf in 2 hours 39 minutes .... she did great for an 8 year old. It was beautiful day. So many people. Afterwards the queue for the bus must've been half a km long so we did the long walk to Bondi Junction. It was great to do it with her.

No comments: