Address details


Down Syndrome NSW
Level 6/410 Church St, North Parramatta
9am-5pm Monday - Thursday
T: 9841 444


Saturday 9 November 2013

Weekend reading and viewing: 9th - 10th November 2013

A father's tale of true love
Bill Gray, Down Syndrome-Autism Connection, 1st November 2013
... I am amazed by the number of people who say "You and Charlotte are just AMAZING! I could never do what you do!" To be honest, I have a couple of secrets to share with you: Firstly - Yes, you can ...

We are not your token humans
Ginger Stickney, Green tea Ginger Bliss, 30th October 2013
... It's a form of "Othering" at its worst. It strips these people of their humanity. No matter what one's intentions, the end result is that a person becomes in the eyes of others not real. Not complicated. Not really quite human. I'm here to say loudly: I am not your token female. My husband is not your token Mexican friend. My daughter is not your token "Down's kid."

23 Ways To Communicate With A Non-Verbal Child
Emma Sterland , Friendship Circle, 16th April 2013
“Just because a person can’t speak doesn’t mean they have nothing to say.” A very important reminder from a parent of a non-verbal child ...

I got a big love/hate on ...
Happy Soul Project, 30th October 2013
I have a love/hate, okay mostly hate relationship with Pip's therapy stuff...I love that it is available & we are being proactive instead of reactive...I love that the people involved seemed to actual care about Pip's progress & are helpful & supportive...I love that we really have seen her develop the last few months- almost as if catching up from the slow start she had at the beginning...

Disability shouldn't be such a big deal
Danny Dickson Ramp Up 8th November 2013
Danny Dickson is a Year 9 student with disability. He is passionate about inclusive education and knows first-hand the positive impact of a truly diverse school culture ...

No comments: