Address details


Down Syndrome NSW
Level 6/410 Church St, North Parramatta
9am-5pm Monday - Thursday
T: 9841 444


Friday 13 February 2009

Director General of NSW Dept of Ageing, Disability and Home Care to retire

DADHC Media Release Date: 11 February 2009

“The Director General of the Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care, Brendan O’Reilly, has informed me of his intention to retire from the NSW Public Service,” Minister for Ageing and Disability Services Paul Lynch said.

“Brendan has been a credit to the public service and has placed the Department in a strong position to continue delivering a high standard of service well into the next decade,” he said.

“Brendan has earned the respect and praise of his colleagues over a long and distinguished career. I thank him for his advice, leadership and professionalism.

“I wish Brendan well in his retirement and he and his family all the very best for the future,” Minister Lynch said.

Mr O’Reilly said, “this has been a difficult decision and one to which I have given a great deal of thought.

“Although the position of Director General of DADHC is a challenging one, I have very much enjoyed my five years at its helm.

“I have gained great inspiration from people with a disability, their parents and carers. They are the true champions of the disability sector.

“As Director General I have been blessed in seeing, almost on a daily basis, the work of so many outstanding and committed staff; staff who freely give of their time, patience and expertise in an attempt to improve the lives of the most vulnerable members of our community.

“I owe so many a great deal for the support given to me over the past five years. Words simply cannot express my thanks and appreciation for the work you do,” said Mr O’Reilly.

Mr O’Reilly will begin his retirement after a period of leave towards the end of April.

No comments: