9 am - 3 pm 4 December 2012
Research & Education Centre, Auditorium
St George Hospital, Kogarah
The free forum is designed to focus on the needs of patients with intellectual disability in the hospital system, develop partnerships between health staff and the disability services sector, as well as capture emerging issues throughout the patient journey.
Speakers will include clinical experts from Medicine, Allied Health, Mental Health and client and carer representatives.
This forum will seek to:
- Encourage discussion of the barriers faced and possible solutions to managing the hospitalisation of
- patients with intellectual disability.
- Introduce participants to appropriate resources and services and enhance means of access.
- Promote patient safety as a core principle in the delivery of health care.
- Present ALL aspects of the journey- including the patient and the carer
|Image from event flyer|