5th December 2012, 7:30 - 8:30pm
This free seminar, 'What Every Mother of a Child with Special Needs Must Know' is presented by Amanda Wood Community Services, and is designed for parents of children with special needs. From the registration flyer:
Ever been frustrated because:
• You get conflicting advise and information?
• You don't know where to go to get good advice or support for you and your child?
• You don't know where to go to to get a diagnosis for your child?
• You can't get anyone to listen to what your child needs?
• Don't know what Medicare rebates are available to you and your child?
• Don't know exactly how a Psychologist/ Speech Pathologist/ OT can help your child?
We will outline:
- What the role of various specialists (Paedtiatrician, Psychologist, Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist etc) are in diagnosing and treating various childhood disorders and issues.
- How you can access medicare rebates to get a diagnosis and receive therapeutic services for your child each year.
- Who can access the $12,000 per child FAHCSIA funding and how.
- Give you references for peak bodies and other services
Click here for further information and the link to register online, or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org