Presenter: Meagan Rudd - Key Word Sign NSW presenter and tutor
This workshop covers the use of Key Word Sign and natural gesture to assist individuals who have difficulties with receptive and/or expressive communication. Come along and learn how to use Key Word Sign, natural gesture and other strategies to communicate with your clients or child.
The workshop is relevant for anyone living or working with a person with communication difficulties such as family members, education and medical professionals, teacher assistants, child care workers & volunteers. No signing experience necessary.
This workshop will enable participants to:
- explain the difference between Key Word Sign, Auslan and Signed English
- competently produce at least 80 signs
- select vocabulary for individual clients
- have an understanding of sign production techniques
- know where to find resources and follow up support in the use of key word sign and natural gesture
- be eligible to receive a Key Word Sign Basic Workshop certificate from Key Word Sign NSW
Morning tea, lunch, a copy of “Getting Started with Key Word Sign”, (Key Word Sign Australia reference book) and a resource package, including presentation notes and reference material, are provided.
For further information and for a registration form, contact: