- The National Disability Insurance Scheme legislation is scheduled to be debated in parliament on Thursday 7th February. Responses to the draft legislation are available online here on the Senate Committee's web page.
- The Australian Government has released a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Consultation Paper on the Rules that explain in detail how the NDIS will operate.
The purpose of this Consultation Paper is to explain what is intended to be covered in the NDIS Rules and to seek feedback from people with disability, their families and carers, service providers and the broader community.
Submissions for comment and feedback on the Consultation Paper on the NDIS Rules opened on 1 February 2013 and will close on 1 March 2013.
- New Australian Government fact sheets:
- Newcastle Herald Editorial, Friday 1st February: Empowerment vital for an equal society - Monday will see the third meeting of the Hunter Disability Support Organisation (DSO), made up of people with disability, their families and friends. This new group is a first for the Hunter, providing a collective voice, run for and by people with disability and independent of government and service provision.
- Summary of National Disability and Carer Alliance Stage One Consultations - released in January 2013