Oftentimes, we find ourselves with little time during clinical visits to discuss important topics, common to so many families. With this in mind, we wanted to honor the legacy of our Program's mentor, Allen C. Crocker, by initiating a lecture series.
The Allen C. Crocker Lecture Series is designed for parents and families members seeking quality information from experts on a range of topics related to Down syndrome. These lectures can be viewed, for free, at www.childrenshospital.org/downsyndrome
* The Series will take place on the fourth Monday of each month from 7:00-8:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
* Families can view the lectures live via simulcast by following the instructions posted on our web page.
* Families can access any of the lectures--and accompanying handouts--on our web page at any time for free.
Already, we have posted parent lectures on
- Mental health issues for people with Down syndrome
- Feeding and swallowing issues in infants with Down syndrome.
- June 28, 2010 - Celiac and Down sydnrome by Dascha Weir, MD
- July 26, 2010 - Nutrition and Down sydnrome presented by Kathryn Brown, MS, RD, LDN
- August 23, 2010 - What Your Other Children Are Thinking: Sibling Issues presented by Brian Skotko, MD, MPP and Sue Levine, MA, CSW
- September 27, 2010 - Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Down sydnrome presented by Dennis Rosen, MD
- October 25, 2010 - Toilet Training and Down sydnrome presented by Kimberly Dunn, PNP
- November 15, 2010 - Down Syndrome presented by Allen C. Crocker, MD