Term 1 2012 is 28th January – 5th April
The courses are:
- Filmmaking (Saturdays 9:30am-12:30pm)
- Organic Gardening & Cooking (Saturdays 1:30pm-4:30pm)
- Visual Arts (Tuesdays 3:15pm-6:15pm)
- Dance & Games (Wednesdays 3:15pm-6:15pm)
- Singing (Thursdays 3:15-6:15pm)
Social Inclusion Program Coordinator, Sydney Community College
email@example.com or ph: 8752 7571
What is the Inclusive Community Education Program?
The ICEP is a two year pilot program operated by the Respite Directorate, Family and Community Services, Aging, Disability and Home Care. It is a flexible respite program that aims to give carers a break by providing recreation and leisure courses for adults with a disability. It also aims to give people with a disability an opportunity to build social networks with their peers outside usual service hours.
Who Can Come?
The ICEP pilot is for people with a disability who:
- Are aged 18-45 years (with some flexibility)
- Have an unpaid carer e.g. parent (people who are recipients of the Carers Allowance or other benefits are considered to be unpaid carers)
- Are living in the community. People who currently live in ADHC funded or operated accommodation are not eligible as the focus is to provide respite to an unpaid carer.
- Live in Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Canterbury, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Strathfield, Botany Bay, Randwick, Rockdale, Sydney, Waverly or Woollahra LGAs
Source: IDEAS e-News Issue 30, 12th December 2012