Address details


Down Syndrome NSW
Level 6/410 Church St, North Parramatta
9am-5pm Monday - Thursday
T: 9841 444


Tuesday 3 July 2012

Great tip for easy shoe laces

Small adaptations can sometimes make a huge difference.  Here's a great tip from the mother of a teen with Down syndrome.  Thanks Anne-Maree:


My son has trouble tying his shoelaces and I wanted to share a solution we found today. From Athletes Foot, Performance Laces, that use a toggle to tighten the shoelace. They are designed for triathletes so they can get shoes on and off quickly. 


But for my young athlete one more level of independence and a way to get him to wear joggers without velcro, that we can no longer get in his size. He can squeeze and use the toggles easily. Thought I should share as I am sure other people must have this issue too. 


Cheers 
Anne- Maree 

No comments: