Wednesday 1st May 2013, 7 - 9pm
Light Supper included
This Seminar will be led by Jonathan Harris, one of the Directors at Harris Freidman Lawyers. He is an Accredited Business Law Specialist with over 30 years experience in Estate Planning, Business Law and Commercial Property transactions.
Jonathan has been a Director of the Autism Association since 1996, is Chairperson of Woodbury school and is father of three boys, the youngest of whom, Finley, has autism.
The presentation will cover a range of important topics and provide explanations on matters such as:
- Guardianship concerns
- Powers of Attorney
- Testamentary Trusts and Special Disability Trusts
- Centrelink issues, including preserving Centrelink pensions and benefits
- Managing the interests and financial arrangements of all concerned, including spouses and other dependents, and taking account of possible Family Law or Family Provision Act claims
- Managing family discretionary trusts and a disability trust
- Using a ‘memorandum of wishes’ to achieve intended outcomes
- Problems that might arise if there is poor planning