Our mission is to support and promote the interests of all people with Down syndrome, their families and carers, in the major aspects and transitions in their lives. We are dedicated to improving the wellbeing and quality of life for people with Down syndrome and seek to empower and enable our membership and supporters through:
- Contact support for families and carers of individuals of all ages with Down syndrome.
- Generating and disseminating information to our membership, professionals and the community at large.
- Creating and promoting innovative programmes which further the development of individuals with Down syndrome.
- Raising positive public awareness about Down syndrome.
- Promoting equal rights for people with Down syndrome both individually and collectively. Contributing to the shaping of Government policy and service provision.
- Representing the interest of our constituency in local state and national forums.
- Encouraging and assisting research initiatives into issues relating to Down syndrome.
- Raising funds for the above purposes
This tax time please make a tax deductible donation and help us raise much needed funds to continue making a difference.
Please encourage friends, family and colleagues to also make a donation by sending this link http://dsnswtaxappeal.gofundraise.com.au