Would you like to gain knowledge, skills and confidence to improve the mental health care of people with an intellectual disability?
People with an intellectual disability have a higher rate of mental disorders than the general population, but have less access to mental health care.
The University of New South Wales is providing free online training in intellectual disability mental health, in partnership with Ageing Disability and Home Care, NSW Health and the Health Education and Training Institute.
The content of the Intellectual disability mental health e-learning website was developed by a team of medical, mental and allied health professionals. The team has clinical, administrative and research experience and represents the health, welfare and disability sectors. People with an intellectual disability also had a role in developing content for the site, as you will see when you progress through the modules.
You can work through the training at your own pace.
• Introduction to Intellectual Disability
• Living with Intellectual Disability
• Changing Perspectives of Intellectual Disability
• Introduction to Mental Disorders in Intellectual Disability
• Assessment of Mental Disorders in Intellectual Disability
• Management of Mental Disorders in Intellectual Disability