The last few weeks have been busy with World Down Syndrome Day, adventures, fundraisers and social happenings. For the next few weeks, we'll be busy with information events. Here's a summary of what's coming up. More details and the links you need to register for each are here, or go directly to the flyers linked below:
- Arabic speaking parents of children with Down syndrome - morning tea, Thursday 29th April, 2010 , 10:00am – 12:30pm, Harris Park.
Phone Lynn or Miriam at DS NSW, on 9841 4401 or Maha on 0408 205 522 to RSVP
- Behaviour Management - for teachers, Friday 30th April 2010, Rosehill, Ass Prof Keith McVilly
- That’s what friends are for, Saturday 1st May 2010, Rosehill, Ass Prof Keith McVilly
Click here for more details and link to brochure and registration form these two events presented by Ass Prof Keith McVilly
Click here to book online for That's what friends are for at Rosehill
- Starting School - for parents of children with DS starting kindergarten in 2011 or 2012, Saturday 15th May 2010: Parramatta. Download flyer and registration form.
- That's what friends are for - a workshop for parents and carers of young people with Down syndrome, Saturday, 29th May, Tamworth. Presented by Susan Jones, Step Ahead Consulting. Download flyer and registration form.
- How can Proloquo2go assist people with Down syndrome to communicate effectively? A parent forum about a communications application for iPhone/iTouch/iPad, Saturday 5th June: Harris Park. Download flyer and registration form.
Details for events for grandparents and for teachers later in June are to be confirmed.