Address details


Down Syndrome NSW
Level 6/410 Church St, North Parramatta
9am-5pm Monday - Thursday
T: 9841 444


Monday 13 January 2014

People with Down syndrome ... on both sides of the camera

Picture Me, Picture You
Loaisha and Emer Gillespie, 2008 - ongoing
Picture you, Picture me is a collaborative and explorative portrait project with my daughter Laoisha. Naturally evolving from my daughter’s curiosity and urge to stand on the other side of the camera, she has taken more and more control of the camera and of me ... The project and image content will evolve naturally in relation to Laoisha's ability to control the camera and the development of her visual language and will continue on until she no longer wants me in the picture.Exploring topics such as child autonomy and the relationship between subject and photographer it allows the viewer a personal view into this mother/ daughter relationship ...

Other photographers and photographic projects of interest:

No comments: